Amphenol FSI offers the Lumiére fiber optic terminus for commercial airframe, avionics and aerospace applications. AFSI's Lumiére termini are a direct replacement for ELIO® termini and are compatible with existing ELIO® connectors. This fiber optic contact utilizes a 2.5mm diameter field-proven ceramic ST type ferrule, which can be inserted into a size 16 cavity. The terminus is hermaphroditic allowing the use of the same contact in the receptacle or plug. In addition, the contact is available in both multimode and single mode versions. An anti-rotation feature allows PC, UPC and APC polishes. Because the Lumiére features a standard ST type ferrule, well known procedures and readily available tools can be used for termination. Long and short boot versions are available to support multiple connector types.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Hermaphroditic style allows one contact type
* Standard 2.5mm ST type ferrule interface allows the use of standard termination procedures and readily available tools
* Simple access to optical termini facilitates cleaning
* Options available for single mode and multimode fiber
* Pull proof option allows the use of the terminus in a connector without a backshell
* Supports both tight or loose structured cable