Amphenol’s Aquacon Series of connectors has been designed to provide maximum service in oceanic or fluid immersion applications. A specially designed aluminum bronze coupling nut and type 316 stainless steel shells resist corrosion and provide a pressure-withstanding connector. Positive threaded coupling, “O” rings, and a color band visual indicator assure sealing and proper mating. A rear accessory thread provides for the use of EMI hardware or molding adapters. Aquacon Connectors are available in a straight plug and two receptacle styles. Hermetically sealed (1 X 10-6 cc/ sec leakage rate) arrangements are also available.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Corrosion resistant aluminum bronze coupling nut and stainless steel sleeve
* Hermetic and non-hermetic inserts in MIL-DTL-38999 patterns. Glass or hard dielectric material
* Visual mating indicator
* 1500 PSI sealing capability assured by threaded coupling and “O” ring
* Pin or socket contacts in either plug or receptacle
* Environmental resistant molded cable terminations with or without EMI accessory