Interconnect products and solutions have always been the domain of excellence of Amphenol. As the world’s leading supplier of connections systems for military, aerospace and industry applications, we dedicate this experience to integrate our innovative solutions in the railway market. We are able to meet and exceed customer expectations with our committed, experienced personnel and with our use of the most advanced facilities and technologies available, from project planning to inspection. As a leading, innovative, global player in Interconnection and Interface Technologies we are constantly in touch with our customers in an effort to provide them with the best solutions for their application requirements.
ADGC Bayonet coupling connectors in accordance with VG95234, well known as Amphenol ADG bayonet connectors, are basically MIL-C-5015 type connectors. They are use principally in the transit rail industry and heavy applications; main characteristic is the fast and precise coupling of the receptical and plug connectors. They withstand exposure to moisture, oil and vibration. Bayonet lock coupling. ADG series connectors meet the performance most subway coupler applications.
• Five shell styles
• Fourteen shell sizes
• Solder or crimp contacts, sizes 16-0 accepting 22-0 AWG.
• Five class designations
• Alternate insert positioning
• Pins and sockets are machined from copper alloy with silver plated finish.
• Size 16 and socket contacts incorporate a closed entry design.
• Inserts are resilient synthetic rubber for ADG series, and chloroprene rubber for ADGC series offering high dielectric strength, high arc resistance arc to vibration.
• Proprietary design permits pressurization of pin or socket insert.
Amphenol “AMHTC” high tension connector series for railway vehicle installable power distribution systems, offers the ultimate in safety and reliability under the most severe operating conditions.
The AMHTC series connecters allow the user to connect electrical equipment quickly with ultimate safety.
AMHTC is available in two standard formats, which allow complete hook up through the standard daisy chain principle.
- Dead front contacts: An insulated tip on the contact element prevents accidental touching of current carry parts. Both the male and female contacts are protected.
- Super High impact Insulators: High impact, flame retardant thermoplastic insulators prevent impact and abrasion damage through continued use in harsh environment applications and also guarantee a high degree of insulation, with maximum resistance to oil, acids and water.
- Water proof when mated: Sealing is guaranteed through IP rated interfacial and cable gland compression seals. Connectors when mated are rated at up to IP67.
Shell components are fabricated from high grade aluminium alloy.
Electrically Zinc plate finish with an olive drab chromate after treatment offers corrosion resistance.
Pins and sockets are machined from copper alloy with silver plated finish.
Size 16 and 12 socket contacts incorporate a closed entry design.
Inserts are resilient synthetic rubber, offering high dielectric strength, high arc resistance to vibration.
Proprietary design permits pressurisation of either pin or socket insert.
Features for 97B reverse bayonet coupling connectors with Mil-C-5015 insert patterns:
• Quick positive coupling
• No lockwiring required
• High shock and vibration capabilities
• Operating temperature range with Neoprene inserts: -55°C to +125°C
• Insert available in Neoprene material (alternate inserts materials available upon request)
• Available in both crimp and solder terminations
• Contacts available in gold and silver plating
• Zinc alloy plating (cadmium free) available 500 couplings minimum
• Rugged construction; aluminum or stainless steel components
• Intermateable with existing VG95234 connectors
Circular metallic connector approved VG95234, perfectly suited for harsh environment applications. Reverse bayonet fast coupling Excellent grounding performances with grounding ring and back shell. Current rating: 8 to 245A. Metric or AWG contacts in Crimp or solder version. Temperature range : -55°C to +125°C High resistance to vibrations and shocks. Full range of back shells.
Amphenol MIL-DTL-26482, Series I Connectors are miniature circular connectors with three-point bayonetcoupling and five-key polarization, solder type, Amphenol form PT, Amphenol low cost form 62IN, these connectors are widely used in applications calling for quick disconnect connectors.
Amphenol offers the Matrix product line of MILDTL-26482, Series 2 Connectors. This series provides a bayonet coupling connector with crimp rear insertable, rear releasable contacts.
• Bayonet coupling connector with crimp rear insert, rear release contacts.
• Medium size, environmentally resistant connector
• Shells size 8 to 24. Contact sizes 20, 16, and 12.
• Recommended operating voltage to 1,000 VAC (RMS) at sea level
• Quick positive coupling assured by 3 point bayonet coupling system
• 34 insert patterns available from 3 to 55 circuits
• Various finishes are available
IMB1 connectors are the low cost product line of MILDTL-26482, Series 2 connectors. Instead of coding MS347.. the part numbers start configuring IMB1. These connectors are the same as Matrix MIL-DTL-26482.
MIL-DTL‐38999 Series III Connectors offer the highest performance capabilities for both general duty and severe environment applications, both in original MIL specified and Amphenol coding TV/CTV series with threaded coupling, scoop‐proof features. Al alloy, composite, stainless steel, marine bronze, durmalon and RoHS versions available.
SJT connectors combine unique design features of the scoop‐proof LJT series within standard mounting dimensions of JT types. Available in a wide range of shell sizes, finishes, insert arrangements and accessories.
Rack & panel connection Floating system which provides correction and adjustment to misalignment problem between plug and receptacle during mating. Derived from MIL STD 38999. Large number of inserts available to accommodate signal and power contacts: 7 shell sizes and up to 128 contacts. Version for power application: 1 contact of 230A or 4 contacts 100A.
ECTA series : Push Pull locking connectors for quick connect-disconnection.
Available in metalic version (ECTA 133) or plastic version (ECTA 544).
Signal and Power contacts
(crimp or solder, from 5 to 125A).
8 shell sizes and 16 contact arrangements.
Up to IP 67.
stamped-rolled or machined contact
(crimp, from 5 to 25A).
3 shell sizes and 11 contact arrangements.
IP 67 rated.
Amphenol provides Ethernet Network Solutions for use in harsh environments, where reliability and resistance to outside influences, such as temperature, shock, vibration, water, dust, etc. are paramount.
Our rugged and durable solutions give you the insurance of a continuous and secure data transmission between all your communication devices in the harshest environments. All Amphenol’s RJ‐Switch products are tested and certified by an external accredited laboratory.
Amphenol Ethernet switches feature 8 to 28 ports with rugged connectors to interconnect terminal devices within armored vehicles, such as rugged PCs, screens, radios, with high data transmission (up to 10 Gbps). Designed
to operate in armored vehicles and other harsh environments, our Ethernet switches feature mechanical packaging enhancements designed for MIL‐STD-810F airborne and ground environmental compliance and high reliability.
The units have been especially hardened to improve waterproofness, impact, and shock/vibration protection, as well as eliminate all moving parts through passive cool ing, and interface through MIL‐D‐38999 circular or RJField
The High Speed Solutions group is one of the fastest growing and most technologically advanced groups within Am phenol. Everyday, the High Speed Solutions team is developing custom connector and cable solutions for High
Speed Copper, Fiber Optic, and Integrated applications. As a basic business philosophy, the team is dedicated to concentrating on those advanced and challenging market segments that demand an extraordinary level of supplier
support and reaction. Amphenol High Speed Guide is based on the following Protocol Guide:
• Ethernet 10Base-T
• Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
• 10 Gigabit Ethernet 10GBase-T
• USB 2.0
• USB 3.0
• Display Port 1.0
• Display Port 1.2
• SATA 1.0
• SATA 2.0
• SATA 3.0
Amphenol offers superior electrical performance plus the rugged design of a glass-sealed or epoxy-sealed connector. Amphenol glass-sealed hermetic connectors are available in a wide variety and custom configurations. Amphenol epoxy-sealed connectors are a lightweight alternative to glass-sealed hermetic connectors.
This serie is available as:
C091A Plastic/metall shells with screw locking (IP40).
C091B plastic shells with bayonet coupling (IP40).
C091D full metal shells with screw locking (IP67 and EMI/RFI shielded) also available with 90° PCB contacts.
All 3 versions can accommodate 3 to 14 contacts. Current rating: up to 5A.
From multiple fiber optic termini options to connectors to custom cable assemblies, Amphenol can provide solutions for virtually any fiber optics need. Amphenol has established the rugged and reliable MIL-DTL-38999 as a common connector shell plavorm that houses a wide variety of fiber optic termini including MIL-PRF-29504 commercial equivalent, HDF20, ARINC 801 and MT ferrules.
Amphenol 2M Micro-Miniature Connector Series product line is designed for interconnect applications requiring high performance and reduced size and weight. This smaller, high density, lightweight connector far exceeds the competition in quality and performance levels. The 2M Series is a superior and
versatile connector designed and tested to mil-spec standards, comparable to MIL-DTL-38999. 2M is intermateable with Glenair’s Mighty Mouse the test results are available in the Technical Documents area.
Amphenol Terrapin is a miniature series of circular push-pull connectors. Within a rugged shell design Terrapin offers superior EMC performance and is sealed to
IP68. Resilient in severe battlefield situations the RoHS compliant black-silver plating is both low-lustre and corrosion resistant. Featuring an optional locking mechanism, multiple shell sizes with up to 37 contacts and suitability for over-moulding, Terrapin is the preferred choice for miniature connectors in military and other harsh environment applications.
Complete range of backshells for all circular connectors is now available from Amphenol now. These backshells are QPL certified to AS85049 standard and any variants of the same could be supported in short lead-time. The full technical details are available from the exclusive website www.backshellworld.com.
In ground and naval application the robustness and the environmental sealing may be more important, where as weight may be prime consideration for space and Aerospace application. Amphenol backshells are available in different types for variety of applications.
๏ Non-Environmental Backshell
๏ Environmental Backshell
๏ Non Environmental EMI/RFI Backshell
๏ Environmental EMI/RFI Backshell
๏ Shrink Boot Adapter
๏ Shrink Boot Nut
๏ Band Lock Adaptor
๏ Crimp Adaptor/Ring Backshell
๏ Quick Clamp
๏ Strain Relief
๏ Grommet Nut Backshell
• Suitable For Indoor and Outdoor Applications
• EMI/RMI Shielding Capability with Appropriate Backshell
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to +105°C
Operating Temperature: -40°C to +125°C
(for parts with a silicone seal, ending in 03)
• 500 Mating Cycles
• Contacts and Cord Grips Ordered Separately
• High-Density Contact Arrangements Available
• UL ECBT2 Certified
• Single Pole High Power Arrangements
• 3.6mm-10mm Contact Sizes
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to +125°C
• RoHS Compliant
• 4 Shell Sizes
• Operating Voltage: 630V
• Current Rating at 25°C: 86A-300A
• Flammability Rating: UL94-V0
• High Reliability
• Low Contact Engagement / Separation Forces
• Low Contact Resistance
• High Mating Cycle Durability
• 10A Max Current; 160V (12 pos), 125V (16-17 pos);
18-26AWG (12-17 pos)
• 30A Max Current; 630V Max Voltage;
14-16AWG (6-9 pos)
• High-performance, cost-effective
• Superior environmental seal retention
• Compatible with existing standard products industrywide.
• 75A Max Current; 630V Max Voltage; 8-12AWG
• High-performance, cost-effective
• Superior environmental seal retention
• Compatible with existing standard products industry-wide